Thursday, September 25, 2008

 

Farewell: End Of The Nokia 6230 Era

Finally after more than four years, this evening my mobile phone is no more.

Because I have two numbers, I had gone through several gadgets with my second number in this duration but this loyal piece of metal was with me since 2004. To be honest I was initially upset to the loss of all those text messages which have accompanied me in this journey since 2004.



Messages I got from colleagues; all the New Year wishes: 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008.


Messages whilst I was sick from 2005 onwards: people telling me how failure doesn't exist; how there is a God who looks after us all; that we should be happy to be the Ummah of a Beloved Prophet; that great things are in store for me from the Provider of all.


Messages from people when I met them for the first time after our conversations on Deenport.


Messages when I went to Pakistan in 2006 and then to the Rihla in Saudi; and then to Yemen more recently; well-wishers saying goodbye; praying there come from these trips many openings for me.


Messages from people who I was fortunate to spend time with after meeting them at places, and then the same people texting a year later to remind me God Almighty introduced us.


Messages from people who got my number either online or from others; asking me if they can do anything to help me and assist me in what God Almighty had Planned for me.


Messages from people having given birth to their newborns; sharing their joy with me.


Messages from my Agency the first day I re-started paid employment after my 18 month sick-note; echoing messages before from generous souls reminding me that my skills won't perish so easily.


Messages from supporters telling me not to be upset when vile comments were posted about The Noble Man on this blog.


Messages from people texting me Fridays; then those texting me in Ramadan.


Messages from the Sacred of places; those on their way to the tents of Mina; those inviting me for a cuppa in Medina and those in Tarim.


Messages containing prayer after prayer after prayer.


Messages I looked through again and again as these years have gone by.


I could go on and on..


Yes I was upset to lose all this.


But then I thought about how grateful I have been that I had the opportunity to receive all these messages in the first place. How much must God Almighty Care for me, that He gave me so so many wonderful people in my life to show their concern for me at times when I have felt ever so little. He gave me people to help me get the balance right whenever I was on edge.


I am truly lucky.
Honest.

Alhamdulila Wa'l Shukr Allah.


I pray in earnest that all those who have supported me through these last 3.5 years which have been some of the most challenging ones are rewarded for their text messages.


I pray in earnest that their support be Written as Sadaqa Jariya for in this little screen of a mobile phone I saw hope, cheer and clarity when I needed it.


I pray in earnest that on the Day of Accounts, if their deeds are light in their scales, then these acts of kindness be shown to all those people: magnified as large as mountains.. for they helped a servant of God Almighty in the most incredible of ways.


The day is gone but the memories remain.


And that is what really counts.
Seriously.
That memory and the accompanied feeling of happiness; to have been a recipient of that love is something which will stay with me long after my Nokia 6230 has been recycled.


Peace and Prayers

Jummah Greetings.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Asalaamu alaikum. Hope your Ramadan is going well, ukhti.

1) If you haven't yet recycled the phone, they may be able to put all of the memory from it into your new phone, inshaAllah! I don't know how it works in the UK, but when I got a new phone here in the US (when mine was dying), they transferred my memory over. I thought it would just be my contacts, and was pleasantly surprised to discover it was all my text messages too! :)

2) This is a beautiful post and lovely reminder. So... you may not remember that I am going to be hosting a Gratitude carnival at the Grateful to Allah blog next month... I think this would be a really excellent entry. Pwetty pweety pweez?!? :)

Thank you for helping me to put some things into perspective. Love you! XOXOX
 
Walaikumslam Love x x x

All is good thanks :-)

1. No could do dear - I couldn't switch it on so.. I have the memory card and will, at some point get the images etc on it transferred. Have emailed people whose numebrs have gone, but text messages are histoire now! Thing is I have been writing down contact numbers of people into a notebook :-P so the ones I lost were the ones I've had over a few years .. so not too many to chase up! Thank Heavans.

2. Thanks my dear. Of course, would love to help you out in any way I can :-)

Unsure what 'perspective' I've helped with but I'm glad these keyboard taps have been useful for someone at least :-)

Love and Love again
x x x x x x x x x x
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?